Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Monday

Monday was a busy, busy day. I had to go to the gym, grocery shop, put the groceries away and get some laundry done ALL before my kids got home. Then, when my kids got home, I Had to help with some homework and cook dinner, all before my nail appointment. Keeping my nails done is the one thing I do for myself, when I can squeeze it into the budget.

I work 3 jobs. My first and most important jobs is Mom, Wife, and Caregiver to a wounded Veteran. Then I work one out of the home in the evenings Tuesday through Saturday, and the other I work at home around my schedule as long as I meet my hours.

 Why not just work not one full time job you ask? As the wife of a wounded veteran life can sometimes be a roller-coaster. With two jobs, my evening out of the home job and my position with the Heroes Thanking Heroes program, allows me the flexibility to care for my husband if he needs me, and be a full time mother to my 4 boys.

This work from home opportunity provided by the Coalition to Salute America's Heroes, Heroes Thanking Heroes program has given me the freedom to help bring extra income into our home of four very hungry little boys, and to be able to have appointments and run errands during the day, and not have to "take leave" or worry about other coworkers taking up for me and my missed work, because my work is always there waiting for me.

So back to Monday. On Monday I had two meetings, since we all work from home all meetings are done over the phone via conference line. My first meeting was for the Social Media team, my role on that team is posting my coworkers and teammates stories to share with you, our readers. That meeting was at 10AM EST, all of us who work for the Heroes Thanking Heroes program work from all over the country, so for me at 10AM I am at the gym. I wake up, get my kids to school, come home and eat breakfast with my youngest who is 2, and we go to the gym. This program allows me to call in to our conference line and join my team on the call, all while continuing my daily routine.

The next meeting was at 1pm, I had grocery shopping to do, weekends stay busy for my family, I work 8 ours all day Saturday, and Sunday we either spend the day at my in-laws or I have a lot of laundry to do. So Monday, I typically don't do much else other that grocery shop and wash more laundry for 6 people. With the flexibility of this position in the Heroes Thanking Heroes program, I was also able to attend this meeting while I was grocery shopping, on my way home, and I was still listening in while putting my groceries away.

This program is one of the biggest blessings that's ever come into my life, first it was to help pay medical bills, and to be able to take care of my family while at home. Now as my family has grown and appetite needs have changed it now helps with my $1,000/month food bill (That is not an over exageration.), and it helps me feel like I'm contributing to my family financially as well as physically because I can be there for my veteran and my kids at any time during the day that they need me, because those hours will be be there for me to work the next day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Rope of Life

You are on a line between life and death. What can you do? Nothing. But there are things that come out of that. The Anxiety stage is when yo...