Monday, April 30, 2018

Crossing the Finish Line

Now Crossing the Finish Line… Sarah Daughenbaugh!

When I heard that across the loud speaker I knew we were done! My running partner and friend, Jacque and I did it! We did better than I thought we would too!
I saw my husband, my son Kollin, and my baby daughter Everleigh, waiting there to greet us. I could hear them cheering way before the finish line and it helped carry me to them, across the time mat and back into my love for running.
It wasn’t easy, don’t get me wrong. The run took place around Moody Gardens on Galveston Island and the wind and sand were tough! The wind was blowing so hard that the trees were all moving, and the flags were at full value. There was little relief from the wind and the sand but at mile 10, it happened…
I found my love for running again.
If you’ve ever lost a passion for something that you loved to do than you know how hard that can be to get back. I hope that as you’re reading this, you put in some work to get back to something you love. Do something that makes you happy and makes you smile at some point in the day.
Back to the journey of this run….
I realized that I can no longer use having a baby as my reason to not run anymore. I can’t use my husband not running with me and motivating me as an excuse either. I did this for me and it was hard. 13.1 miles was just what I needed to find myself again and to shut out so much of the pain, the lonely feelings, and the excuses.
I found my love for running again and realized just how happy it made/makes me.
After the finish line and sweaty hugs, we made our way into the Diva tent. A huge, white pole tent with vendors, finisher’s medals and did I mention Champagne? Yup, the Diva celebrates her victory with a toast of bubbly and it was awesome. We looked around at all the runners who’d finished the race for either a 15th time or a 1st time and we both knew that running is a special sport; runners are special people and we’re runners!
We concluded the awesome race finish with brunch and I won’t make you drool much but it DID include waffles, omelets and “Million Dollar Bacon” a new favorite for sure!
Thanks for following me on this journey. I know for some people running isn’t their thing. I’m challenging you though, to get out there and find something for you, something that makes you happy!
To sore feet and many more miles………. Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Rope of Life

You are on a line between life and death. What can you do? Nothing. But there are things that come out of that. The Anxiety stage is when yo...