Friday, April 20, 2018

The Countdown Is On

In less than 48 hours I’ll be well into my Diva’s half marathon!

I don’t need a calendar to tell me this. I don’t need a reminder on my watch or even my training app.
My nerves are telling me how close it is! With full work days and my kids busy schedule, I can still feel that pit in my stomach telling me what is about to happen. My mind has a near constant reminder of the mile by mile pain and hopefully motivation I’m about to feel.

 There is a serious feeling of not being ready but like my husband says, “It’s already been paid for, can’t not do it”, and I know he’s right. 

This week has called for me to log fewer miles to prepare me for the run and help prevent me from hurting myself. Taking it easy on training day, can do!

I’ve gotten so much support from my husband and my kids. I know my Heroes Thanking Heroes team stands behind me and will be rooting me on for each painstaking mile which really helps. 

Honestly, I was so inspired by Desiree Linden winning the Boston Marathon. She faced horrible conditions during her run; freezing temps, rain, wind and still she continued. A quick check of the weekend weather for Galveston shows that it will be cool and a 90% chance of rain. I can handle the rain! I’ve been rained on and soaked for several of my runs preparing for this. Sometimes I did cut my run short but on Sunday, when I know the finish line is my goal, I’m not going to let the rain and wind (Galveston is ALWAYS windy) stop me. I can do this. My husband and my kids will be there to motivate me and cheer me on and I know the finish line with them (And Jon Snow) will be totally worth it!

What have you done that was so hard and full of challenges, but you pushed through and completed it? What did your challenge teach you about yourself? I really trust and hope that we are all so much stronger than we think!

Stay tuned and I’d really appreciate you offering me some motivation on the Heroes Thanking Heroes Facebook and Instagram pages!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Rope of Life

You are on a line between life and death. What can you do? Nothing. But there are things that come out of that. The Anxiety stage is when yo...