Monday, April 16, 2018

I'm Still Running This Week...

I’ve put in almost 10 miles this week. I’ve run with my husband and our daughter and I’ve run by myself. It’s been difficult to get my training in these last couple days. My husband has been traveling for work, and the weather hasn’t been great, so my numbers are low to finish out my 2nd to last week before my half next Sunday.

I’m so not-ready for this half marathon but I’m excited to get back to running for me, not to prepare to run a certain distance. I’m excited to get back to running because I love it, not because I have to!
When I’m running my mind is always on my work. I have meetings and the kids need to get ready for school. The kids have practice for water polo, baseball and basketball. My daughter is teething, which makes for rough nights which makes for long mornings. While I’m running early in the morning I’m hoping that she’s ok with my husband and he’s doing what needs to be done to help get the kids ready for school.

Each run, I open my training app and it tells me how much I NEED to run, not really how much I want to run or how much I’m capable of running. It commands me to run a distance to get me ready for 13.1. Last Saturday my app required me to run 11 miles. This didn’t seem much of a challenge since the weekend before I ran 10 no problem. I won’t say how long it took me, but I finished. Saturday rolls around and the weather took a major dip in temperature, going from having 75+ temps to chilly 40’s with a cold morning rain. I was determined at the start of my run that I would finish. Then reality set in, I got wet and very cold and soon thereafter my determination diminished. I managed to get 5.5 miles in, but I was still short. This didn’t sit well with my mental preparedness since I’m already doubting myself. I still have a week left of training and I’m determined to meet each day better than the last.

All this is running through my mind as my feet move one in front of the other. I’m getting closer to the date of the run and I don’t feel ready. I don’t think I’m ready but I do believe that I will finish and when I do, I’m ready to get back to running for me!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're a really strong lady! A working mom with a baby and two other kids but you are still pushing yourself. You can do this. Strong women like you can and will change the world

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Taking it a day at a time, and hoping what I do does make a difference!

      Delete

Featured Post

The Rope of Life

You are on a line between life and death. What can you do? Nothing. But there are things that come out of that. The Anxiety stage is when yo...