Saturday, July 9, 2016

David Nunez - I was in Dallas

Yesterday was a crazy day, not only for the city of Dallas, but for my service dog Kona and I.  I had just left from spending time with my one-year-old daughter.  I am so grateful for being able to spend time with her because no one is promised tomorrow. After my visit, I drove to Dallas (downtown area) to get some dinner.  I noticed that there was a big crowd of people protesting about the recent acts of police violence.  After about 30 minutes, I heard gun shots and I immediately reacted.  Although the shots did not seem close to me, I was still anxious about it. So I took cover and my service dog Kona began to bark.  I noticed a police car coming toward us with its lights and sirens on. After a few minutes, it was chaos. From police cars with lights and sirens, to gun shots, and people running in all directions while screaming.  My adrenaline was so high, causing me to have a PTSD attack because of the high anxiety levels that were triggered by the gunshots and screaming.  I thank my GOD for making it home safe, and I Pray for the fallen police officers, the wounded, and their families. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Rope of Life

You are on a line between life and death. What can you do? Nothing. But there are things that come out of that. The Anxiety stage is when yo...