Thursday, November 30, 2017

The Holiday Season is Officially Here

Since being very young, my family has always had a lot of holiday traditions from making blueberry turnovers on Thanksgiving morning, to reading The Cajun Night Before Christmas before heading to bed on Christmas Eve.

As I grew up, I always wondered what traditions my husband and I would create for our children, or what ones we would continue that we did as children. For the most part, we have carried over a lot of my side of the families traditions and just added a few others here and there. A new tradition we have implemented is on Thanks Giving day whoever we are with we make each person write down what they are thankful for and we put them all in a decorative box. We don’t read them until the following year. Last year we had the whole house full of family and friends, this year it was quiet with just the four of us. It was really special to sit down and read what everyone had written down from the year before, it really made the day feel even more full of things to be thankful for. This Christmas we are traveling to Florida to spend time with my family. This will be my first Christmas in seven years back with my parents.  What are some traditions you and your family do?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Rope of Life

You are on a line between life and death. What can you do? Nothing. But there are things that come out of that. The Anxiety stage is when yo...