Monday, December 11, 2017

Sure, I Can Write a Blog

"Sure I can write a blog", "Sure the month of December works for me".  WHAT was I thinking?  I have never written a blog before in my life and I agree to write one the busiest month of the year!  I must think I am super woman.  Well let me start off by introducing myself.  My name is Christine, and I currently smell like men's Dove body wash.  You are probably thinking, "Why I would mention that?".  But, because it is the busiest month of the year and I haven't remembered to go to the grocery store to buy more body wash.  I am married to my husband Patrick who medically retired from the United States Army in July 2013, after serving 9 years and 2 months.  We have two beautiful daughters, Samantha who will be 16 on Christmas eve, and Elizabeth who is 9.  We live in the wonderful state of Virginia, that as of 1:00 today when the weather forecast changed, is in pure panic because we may get 5 inches of snow.  I may never get regular body wash at the rate I am going, the stores are sure to be packed.  
So on a more serious note.  As I mentioned, my husband medically retired.  He suffers from PTSD as well as normal wear and tear on his body from his time in the military.  Well, "normal" people do not like to go shopping during the holiday season, so you can imagine that my husband pretty much doesn't leave the house from Thanksgiving to New Years.  That means that all the holiday craziness is all on my shoulders.  This weekend is possibly the busiest weekend we have this month and now they of course are calling for snow which will mess everything up.  
This weekend our neighborhood has this really cool run that comes right past our house called the Tacky Light run.  It takes a lot of preparation to get ready for.  I choose a different theme than anyone else in our neighborhood.  They also have a contest with awards like, "Most likely to blow a fuse", "Most Traditional", "Most Tacky", and my all time favorite "Best Theme".  We won best theme and I am hoping to win again this year.  We do a patriotic theme.  I have all red, white and blue light and a sign with the Coalition to Salute America's Heroes information.  We have had made boards of the Iwo Jima statue, and a soldier kneeling at the fallen soldiers boots.  We have a Santa blow up in ACU' and  we have penguins holding a sign that says God Bless America.  Even a Snowlady Liberty.  The part that people love the most is that we put out boots with American Flags and the pictures and names of all the soldiers that were Killed in Action during my husbands deployment to Afghanistan 2006-2007.  
So as I am trying to prepare for the race that happens tomorrow night, and shuts down all the roads in our neighborhood, I still have to get everything on my to do list done.  First on that list the dreaded post office to mail some items from our holiday auction.  Then to go shopping for my daughters dance holiday party that is tomorrow.  That's right, I said tomorrow.  The same day as the race that closes all the streets.  And don't forget I mentioned that VA is now being forecast to get 5 inches of snow.  Which really means that all chaos will happen!  I have to go to the dreaded grocery store because I am supposed to be having some of my husbands military friends and families over to watch the race.  Well you know that the grocery store will be a madhouse because of the mere thought of snow!  So with that being said I am going to start on my busy to do list and I can't wait to share some more with you next week!  Wish me luck!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Rope of Life

You are on a line between life and death. What can you do? Nothing. But there are things that come out of that. The Anxiety stage is when yo...