Monday, November 27, 2017

I haven't Used My Stove in Three Weeks

Typically this would mean we've been eating a lot of take-out or microwaved crap. That's not the case. Two years ago my mom swore that I needed to buy one of these new Pressure Cookers that I kept seeing the QVC infomercial for. It might sound crazy, but at the time there was no way in heck I could bring a pressure cooker into my home. My truck in Afghanistan ran over a pressure plate, and that's the only thing I could thank of every time my mom brought it up. I was too scared and had looked on you-tube l many unfortunate incidents with these pressure cookers.

My husband and I are currently both in school. I started realizing how much money we are wasting on fast food. No one wants to come home from a long day of school and have to cook for an hour, then it ends up being past the kid's bedtime, and I still have homework to do. Not to mention I am always struggling with remembering to take meat out to thaw, so we are always coming up on dinner time with no ideas of what to make and nothing thawed. I watched countless videos, and did plenty of research before I dare bring this Pressure Cooker into my home. It turns out they have supposedly made them with so many precautions so no error can occur. I  bought it exactly three weeks ago and have yet to use anything else; I make dinner in , it every night and something I use it for lunch and breakfast as well. It leaves me with only one dirty dish to clean sometimes two if I use a cutting board as well but that's it! We use to be a pretty plain family and rotate the same meals around never changing it up.  I have made so many different dishes in just these three weeks. 
 including potato soup, chili-spaghetti, stroganoff, ribs, wings, tortellini soup, and meat loaf. I even have a recipe for a cheesecake I am waiting to try. The longest part is waiting for it to pressurize. Today I made BBQ chicken Wings in 10 minutes. That's it!  This has saved me so much time in the kitchen, and allowed me to get more stuff accomplished. Also when I have had seizures and am out of it, my husband can easily check out YouTube for a quick recipe and throw it together for him and the kids rather than being super overwhelmed and buying pizza three days in a row. So it's a win, win for the family. Now I won't lie when you release the pressure after cooking a meal it whistles like an incoming mortar, and I have to brace my self every time. It's like a Public Service Announcement in our home "Get ready It's gonna be loud!" If you have a Pressure Cooker here is one of our favorite recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Rope of Life

You are on a line between life and death. What can you do? Nothing. But there are things that come out of that. The Anxiety stage is when yo...