Friday, July 20, 2018

When Life Gives You Lemons


As adults, we seem to think less of our childhood- even if it’s someone whom we still are friends with.

However, when tragedy hits all those memories come pouring back into our minds. This past week has been one of the hardest weeks of my life- and I’ve walked through some hard times! My childhood friend who also walked beside me during our homeschooling journey passed away.

A story always has a beginning and an end. Sometimes the end isn’t what we portray it to be. Cancer is ugly. It’s something people fight for days, months, sometimes even years. Well, my friend Tara, she fought the fight for a couple of years. She was pretty much superwoman in my book.

She lost her fight this past week, and it’s really been a life-changing situation for me. We go through emotions not knowing what the next emotion will be. That’s normal. The main thing is, we must keep going! We can’t give in to grief and become isolated. We have to surround ourselves with loving people.

I say all of that to say THIS- we may never know when life is going to give us lemons (or how sour it can be), and we may never be prepared, but when tragedy comes, we need to be strong and keep pushing forward!!

Melissa Riley, Heroes Thanking Heroes Representative

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Rope of Life

You are on a line between life and death. What can you do? Nothing. But there are things that come out of that. The Anxiety stage is when yo...