Friday, July 13, 2018

The Cabin in the U.P.






Do you have a place where you can go as a family and reconnect?
My family of seven head up north to the Upper Peninsula. My husband’s cousin lets us use the cabin in the summertime, we’re normally here with his parents, but they couldn’t make it this year.
This is the first year, we get the cabin to ourselves for 10 whole days. This is where we leave the stress behind and reconnect as a family. It doesn’t cost us much. We bring our food from home and set a budget.
This cabin has brought our family closer, year after year. I always thank his cousin for letting us come here. There is so much laughter here. My husband and I are able to sit back and talk. It’s hard to explain it really. We all have our own stresses. He has PTSD, I have anxiety, our kids deal with their own stressors, some that we cause them (sorry kids, you know we love you). It isn’t always perfect either, but it’s close enough for us. It’s just out of town, a short walk or bike ride. We take the kids every day and enjoy watching them play at the park or swim in the bay. Meals are planned and they help prep everything. Maybe next year, they’ll have me kick my feet up and just do it all. A mom can daydream about it anyhow.
We celebrated July 4th, we love the fireworks, we love how the whole town comes together and supports one another. We just love it all. We found a couple of yard sales and my kids found some great treasures. My husband and I found a board game. We are hooked!
So far, our trip is going great. If you ever make it up to Michigan, I suggest taking that long drive to the U.P and take in the relaxation there is to be had up here.


Kacy R.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Rope of Life

You are on a line between life and death. What can you do? Nothing. But there are things that come out of that. The Anxiety stage is when yo...