Friday, May 18, 2018

Sweet Sweet Summertime



Being from Kentucky, you never know the weather. April showers means snow angels instead of May flowers. I remember a few months ago, in April, I was saying,"Oh summer where art thou?"

Now I'm like give me all the air conditioning and sunscreen! And don't forget vacation! You know, the summer essentials!! 

Are you prepared for summer? Are you traveling with your family on a road trip or on a vacation? 

We are a family who likes to travel. Our favorite place is out West in the mountains where the coolness of night rests on your skin. This year, we decided to take a different route. We are traveling south....to FLORIDA! A place my children will be smothered in sunscreen!

Packing for a family of 5 and 2 dogs can be quite the challenge.  I am bound to forget something. I'm almost positive that something will surely be an item of mine OR the sunscreen. Imagine that. It’s normally the most needed thing we tend to forget. 

Packing lists are my best friend. Well, maybe my second best friend, as a TO DO list is my first. GOSH! Where would I be without my TO DO lists. I mean come on, we can all act like we have it all together but without our LISTS, we'd be lost! I try to stay very organized in my daily routines but I think as vacation approaches, I become a little giddy. You know, like a kid in a candy store. HAHA (Just thinking about a week away, not having to clean and pick up my own home) SCORE!!!

Packing for your whole family means making sure everyone has the right amount of outfits, toothbrushes, tooth paste, meds.....and the list goes on and on. So needless to say, my packing list is extremely long and overwhelming (but a life-saver). The key goal is to start your lists early. Make a list a few weeks prior to your trip to ensure you have everything you need!!

HAPPY SUMMER FRIENDS AND DON'T FORGET TO PACK YOUR SUNSCREEN!! Comment with your summer travel plans!
-Melissa Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Rope of Life

You are on a line between life and death. What can you do? Nothing. But there are things that come out of that. The Anxiety stage is when yo...