Friday, May 4, 2018

Hero at Home

6:27am. Alarm blaring, It's time to WAKE UP! All 3 children are getting dressed for school, mom's coffee is brewing, and 2 hungry dogs mean it is time to start the day.

Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever make it through the day doing my daily chores and routines. We as moms think, "WOW! I need my cape today!!".  HAHA! I mean, come on, we all know how that moment feels. That moment we stand with rubber gloves on and a spatula in one hand saluting the chaos!

There are times I wonder if I am even doing this whole mom thing right, and then I look at my 3 children and remind myself, God gave me these children to nurture and raise.

Through the chaos, I allow it to become just that, CHAOS. I have learned to take a moment to step back and remember that I can still be a hero to my children, and not let life become overwhelming. Between soccer, football, baseball, and cheer - Life can become very tiresome! “I've got this,” I tell myself! I am a hero. I am the mortar to the brick, the peanut butter to the jelly, the hero at home.

Without me, who would my kids look up to? So here's to all of you amazing mamas out there.....YOU ARE AMAZING. YOU ARE LOVED. YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB. YOU ARE A HERO AT HOME!! 

Melissa Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Rope of Life

You are on a line between life and death. What can you do? Nothing. But there are things that come out of that. The Anxiety stage is when yo...