Monday, July 10, 2017

You Have Your Hands Full

"You have your hands full", I cringe when I hear people say that to me. I usually retort with, "My heart is full too.". But, maybe I do have my hands full. I'm a stay at home mom to four crazy, adorable, rambunctious AMAZING, little boys (Although I spend a lot of time trying to figure out a way to stay sane, especially in the summers.). I also work for the Coalition to Salute America's Heroes in the Veteran Circle program, then I work a night time job at Wal-Mart. I'm also, a chef, a chauffeur, a referee, a nurse, a wife, and a caregiver. I'm sure there's more, but I'm sure my point was made. I also have some health complications myself, but I do my best to stay healthy, and that really doesn't take a huge factor in my day to day life, which is a blessing.

Being a mom is hard, but sometimes the hardest part is being a caregiver. The kids are relatively predictable. They are kids, they are going to test the limits, be loud, and play. However, a Veteran that has a TBI and a variety of other problems, can be a tad unpredictable. It doesn't take much for anger, irritation, or agitation to take over and make things become less predicable or overwhelming.

I actually just got my job at Wal-Mart not to long ago, I really enjoy it. My thoughts about it were, get out of the house and get to talk to people. I didn't really think a part time job would be so bad, I start around bed time, then I get home at 11:15-30. The first week I was gone from the house, there was a lot of tension, the kids never seem to act the same for him as they do for me, and when that happens so does the anger and frustration. I almost thought I was going to have to quit! It felt my hands were even more full, feeling like upsetting everyone was just making the load so much heavier.

Finally we all got a system in play, and even though kids will be kids and boys will be boys, I get to keep my hands full, my heart full, and my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Rope of Life

You are on a line between life and death. What can you do? Nothing. But there are things that come out of that. The Anxiety stage is when yo...