Thursday, March 23, 2017

Life goes on...

Being the wife of an injured veteran I know first hand the battle is not over just because he is no longer on the field.  I don’t feel capable to speak for any veteran on what he or she has been through, but what I do know, is they all leave a piece of themselves behind, and bring some of the war home with them.
As far as my family goes we try our very best to manage and overcome anything that is thrown our way.  We are grateful for every opportunity we are given and try and see the best in every situation.  Now, I am not saying we haven’t had, or still don’t have our tough times, but this is how we have been able to move forward in our lives.
There is a certain type of person that joins the military and a specific type of individual to stay by their side.  I am not trying to toot my own horn, that’s just how it is.  The veterans, wives and children that we have met through our journey are absolutely unique and amazing. Personally, I find inspiration in the strength and courage I have seen displayed by both the veterans and other wives and caregivers I have met.  There are veterans that have been motivation for my husband to keep pushing forward.  Physically some of them have lost more than he has, but their mental toughness has inspired him to allow no excuses. 

Everybody has good days, and bad alike.  However, on my bad days I look to my peer caregivers and admire them more then they know.  On my good days, I strive to be the best I can.  I never know who is watching and just that little smile, or genuine “ hope you are having a good day,” may be just what they needed; sometimes that’s all I needed to remind me 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Rope of Life

You are on a line between life and death. What can you do? Nothing. But there are things that come out of that. The Anxiety stage is when yo...