Sunday, March 19, 2017

Spring cleaning

Spring Break - The Cadena's try down sizing. 


This week is Spring break and the weather is beautiful.  We are trying to “declutter” our house but I’ve been trying to find any excuse I can to be outside and find something that needs to be done out there.  It’s crazy because half of the country is having a blizzard right now, and that seems like a different world to me. Robbie and I both grew up in Ohio where there were four seasons. Helping my dad rake the leaves into huge piles and jump in them, sledding until my fingers and toes were in pain from being cold, and what seemed like forever in the summer for the pools to be opened were some of my fondest memories as a child.  Snow days were the best! Waking up just to find out I could go snuggle back in my warm bed was such an awesome feeling.  As I got older I couldn’t wait to move to the warm weather, I wanted the beach and flip-flops.  Now that I have lived away for more than six years I have began to miss the snow and my winter boots!  When we go home for Christmas I pray that it snows so that I can take my daughter sledding. 


            Normally when we get a break we try and take a trip to the beach because it is only two hours from where we live.  But this year we decided to try and tackle some things with our house.  I knew we had a lot of stuff, considering we welcomed our first baby together here, and I almost had a nervous break down when I sold some of her stuff for the first time in a garage sale.  However, I’ve only ever had to move myself, and then Robbie and myself into and out of apartments.  We didn’t have much stuff before when we were moving.  I’m wondering if I am putting off going through all of our stuff by using beautiful weather to be outside.  There are those sayings that “It’s not going anywhere,” “ It’ll be waiting for you there later,” but that’s my problem.  I need it to go somewhere, and we are trying to downsize, but how do I decide what makes the cut?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Rope of Life

You are on a line between life and death. What can you do? Nothing. But there are things that come out of that. The Anxiety stage is when yo...