Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Simple Things that Bring me Joy

My quest to find joy in doing simple things began one day when I realized I felt I had lost my purpose. Being a full-time caregiver to my Wounded Marine Veteran Husband made me feel like I lost myself. I had to learn to carve out time just for me. It was only when I finally decided to do it, that I remembered what makes me happy and fills me with joy.

I love creating new and innovative dishes as well as doing photography. With that in mind, I merged the two mediums together. It's the little things that one can do to feel alive again!

Today I made organic honey mixed-berry flaxseed/chia seed muffins with pecans and a little bit of kale. Surprisingly the journey of actually making the muffins and coming up with the recipe gave me a sense of purpose and brought a smile to my face. The ingredients I used were already in my home, so it truly made this recipe very simple.

             


You never know what will ignite your soul until you get out of your head, and try new things that could spark your interest and make you happy!

Written by a Veteran Caregiver

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Rope of Life

You are on a line between life and death. What can you do? Nothing. But there are things that come out of that. The Anxiety stage is when yo...