Friday, January 24, 2020

New Year, New ME!

New Year, New ME!  In the month of January following the holidays it seems as though the gym is packed, healthy food is a bit sparse on the shelves at the store, and spring cleaning is coming, if not well underway already. Losing weight, eating healthier, exercising and getting more organized are resolutions that I keep seeing and hearing.  They tend to be at the top of the list in most common resolutions. 
            All of these are things that I would like to have more time to focus on.  Like I mentioned in my last blog post, my husband just graduated from the Physician’s Assistant Program at Duke. We started looking at houses and were ready to make North Carolina home. Then came an opportunity that we felt was too amazing to pass up. Robbie was selected to complete a fellowship at The Mayo Clinic in Minnesota!
            The first thing that comes to my mind when I hear Minnesota is cold. There are so many questions and doubts I have about what this next chapter brings. We are going to take a leap of faith. So, in this case, I desperately need to get more organized and get packed. So, do I call it a resolution or a goal?
            I also have the goal to lose some weight. I had a baby in April and the weight isn’t falling off quite as fast as it did with my first baby. That could also be a resolution or a goal?
I read an article that states about half of the people that make resolutions complete them. But even less complete these tasks if they are only considered goals.
So, where am I going with this?  Typically, the most success is seen in those who make lifestyle changes. Goals tend to be met and sustained. I’d like to think I’m not being too ambitious, but my New Year’s Resolution is to make some lifestyle changes. It can be done; New Year, New me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Rope of Life

You are on a line between life and death. What can you do? Nothing. But there are things that come out of that. The Anxiety stage is when yo...