Wednesday, September 26, 2018

A Vacation For The Books

For 6 months, my family planned and packed for a vacation we would never forget.

On August 30, 2018, my family (for the first time altogether) flew to Fort Lauderdale Florida. Waiting 2 days for The Harmony of the Seas, we walked around and saw the beach. We enjoyed being together!

On Saturday, September 1, we gathered all of our luggage and headed towards the port. As we walked onto the ship, my children giggled with excitement! My heart was so overjoyed!! They were very excited and ready to spend the week together, eating and swimming!

Every night different events were happening on the ship. Our favorite was the parade! We danced, sang, and had so much fun! We ate many different types of food too!!

Our first stop was Haiti! Our family got off the boat and walked across the dock. We ate Haitian food and enjoyed the crystal blue waters!

Stopping in Jamaica was also a fantastic time! We walked around the markets and took a cab ride around the island. It’s so neat to see how differently people live! I had my hair braided on the island. I was amazed by how small she was able to braid my hair!!

Our final stop was Cozumel! This was by far my favorite stop!! I had been looking forward to eating REAL Mexican food! We were porter here for around 8 hours. That gave us plenty of time to do so many fun things!! We ate, shopped, danced, and even got carinated while we ate! The food was amazing! It was crazy how cheap things were there! We bought souvenirs for everyone and headed back to the boat after 5 hours!

Needless to say, this trip was amazing!! The boat itself was so big, we had plenty to keep us busy on it! We watched Broadway shows, ice skating shows, and aquatic shows! This is a vacation my family will never forget!!! The best week we’ve had in a long time!!


By: Melissa R, Heroes Thanking Heroes Representative and Veteran Caregiver

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Rope of Life

You are on a line between life and death. What can you do? Nothing. But there are things that come out of that. The Anxiety stage is when yo...