Friday, February 3, 2017

Sherri Piper

I have tons of friends all around the world,  thanks to the journeys I have been on. I have experienced so much in my lifetime,  my parent's both retired from the Air Force, and my husband served 19 years in the United States Army.  I have enjoyed the military life style.All the moving, new houses I get to live in, the people I get to meet, and all the cultures I have learned about. Today was the end of such an amazing military style life. Today I had to turn in my active duty dependent card. I felt so odd, I mean, I know I still have the same benefits.  I can use the PX, commissary, and I can still go off and on base. As I am writing about it, I am realizing it's all real now. One chapter of my adventurous life is closing, and I'm going on to new things and adventures I never really thought I would experiencing. This new way of life is very similar to the one I experienced in the military with my family, but it still feels somewhat different, but different in a good way. As I go on to experience my new journey, a friend of mine who is also an Army veteran, is starting one of her own. Her adventure includes me as well! She will be moving into an empty camper I have in my back yard until she figures out what chapter is next in her book. For me, there's no way to start a new journey than to be simultaneously helping someone else start theirs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Rope of Life

You are on a line between life and death. What can you do? Nothing. But there are things that come out of that. The Anxiety stage is when yo...