Monday, August 29, 2016

The Coalition Gave Me My Confidence Back

I can remember the last time I went to a theme park. It was when the family and I attended a Road to Recovery in San Diego.  That was a big step for me, as I have a tendency to avoid big crowds.
Today I’m in the Heroes thanking Heroes program and taking steps to build new memories for my family.  My boys are nine and two years of age. 
The thing that is different is my daughters are in there 20’s and remember the pain of receiving the call of me being wounded. They remember the countless surgeries to follow. My boys have no clue; they just remember how I am now while my daughters remember how I was before, different.
I try to do my best to make things different for them, like trying out the things I used to be comfortable doing. For my sons ninth birthday, we went to LEGOLAND! Something I would have never done hadn’t been for the confidence that my wife tells me I’ve shown since working for the Coalition.

I Just want to say thank you and always remember to build those new memories no matter how small or how big. The memories mean the world to the family, when you put yourself out there and try.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Rope of Life

You are on a line between life and death. What can you do? Nothing. But there are things that come out of that. The Anxiety stage is when yo...