Friday, August 26, 2016

A Vacation is Always Good For The Soul

My family and I spent some time up in the Upper Peninsula by Lake Superior. I don’t know what it is about this place. But my veteran is relaxed here.
My first weekend up there, was a little stressful. But week two, was calm.
We enjoyed time together, laughed with each other, something that we haven’t done in a long time. Maybe it’s because there isn’t a lot of traffic up there. I don’t know.
Our everyday life tends to be stressful. He doesn’t really like to go anywhere, unless he is with family.
We spent the day on the beach, had lunch and just chilled with our five kid’s.  Took a walk into town and went to a few historical buildings. Had ice cream with the kid’s then went swimming in Lake Superior. Normally the lake is too cold to swim in, this summer, it was perfect!
My kid’s had a great time, seeing their dad laugh and smile sure does make them happy.

I cherish these moments. I cherish them because this week up north on our family vacation, we were whole and it felt amazing. No stress, no triggers, no arguing. Just love and happiness! 

Come here my love, let me whisper in your ear.

I want to tell you the reason I keep you near.
With you, I know and feel comfort.
Come here my love, let me hold you in my arms.
I want to reassure you, you’re all I need.
I know I tend to push you away. Please stay.
Come here my love, let me kiss your lips.
I need to kiss away your fears.
Like you have done for me time and again.
Come here my love, forever!

-Kacy Revord

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Rope of Life

You are on a line between life and death. What can you do? Nothing. But there are things that come out of that. The Anxiety stage is when yo...