Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Thank You

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth." Muhammad Ali


A new normal. It was very overwhelming, inspiring, and unfamiliar at the same time. Back in 2010, when my husband was injured, we were babies. He had seen and experienced the unimaginable. I was more scared to take him home from the hospital for the first time than when we brought home our first baby. Praise the Lord we were blessed with two healthy babies. I know this is not always the case. It was so seamless and natural feeling with our children. With my husband, I remember speaking with the nurse before we left, asking all kinds of questions about medications, dressing changes, and “what ifs.” I think she heard the fear in my voice and saw the despair in my eyes. I was ecstatic he was coming home but felt so ill-prepared for it. This is something I feared, and I would take him in any condition as long as he came back. A new normal is not something you can control and is forever.


In our journey, our lives are continuously changing and evolving, our new normal has remained consistent. We’ve become parents, moved twice, my husbands gotten his master’s degree, and we are now homeschooling during a global pandemic. Man, has it been a ride!!


There have been countless individuals and organizations that have stepped in to help us along the way. I can honestly say I don’t know where we would be without the support and generosity of others. The world is so much better with those who are willing to lend a hand. Whether it be to a wounded veteran and family or anyone else that finds themselves in an undesirable situation, it’s the generosity and compassion of people and organizations that make the world go around. Today I just want to say thank you to all those who have helped us and thank you to all of those who help others!


Written By: Joanie, Veteran caregiver & HTH Representative

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Rope of Life

You are on a line between life and death. What can you do? Nothing. But there are things that come out of that. The Anxiety stage is when yo...