Friday, August 31, 2018

Service Dog in Training- Luna, Week 4

This week started pretty normal and easy. Luna didn't have many new things going on for her. We went to physical therapy, she is almost a pro at walking in and laying under my table. I am spending part of every day teaching her basic commands like sit, stay, and heal. Oddly enough we have to spend time wearing her vest and being on a leash because that is the biggest thing she is struggling with. She also is not liking the car rides, so we are taking her everywhere we go to get her adjusted to being in the car.

At the end of the week, I had an orthodontic appointment. Luna has been to the office before because it is where Christy works, but she has never gone with me for treatment. She was not sure about all the smells and sounds. Christy even threw her off more because she was treating me and could not pet or pay attention to Luna. Ultimately I had to let her lay in my lap, where she easily fell asleep and waited for the weird day to be over. She did very well at the appointment in all. I am sure she would have sat in her spot if Christy was not in the room talking.

I am also making some repairs for Christy at her office. This is the first time Luna has seen me working with tools and doing one of the things I love. She sat patiently watching me and evaluating the situation. This weekend will be a big fun weekend with the hot air balloon festival and hiking. I am looking forward to seeing how she does in these environments.
-Juan Perez


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Rope of Life

You are on a line between life and death. What can you do? Nothing. But there are things that come out of that. The Anxiety stage is when yo...