Monday, December 27, 2021

What's Your Goal?

Do you set goals or a resolution for the New Year? How did yours go in 2021?


Did 2021 hit you with a curveball? Maybe you didn’t quite hit that goal. In fact, perhaps you hit the ground running, and a week, two weeks, or a month later, you found yourself overwhelmed, defeated, or with outside factors influencing your ability to reach your target.


This year, realizing I take on more than I can humanly accomplish when setting goals, I was encouraged to form smaller, more manageable objectives, and you know what? I did. And I met them. However, I had to work through my all-or-nothing mentality, feeling that the goals weren’t quite good enough. I’m so great at giving grace to others, but I am not as generous to myself. When I finally did extend kindness to myself, when I backtracked, because yes, I did that even with the mini-goals. I did not give up, but instead pressed on, and while I’m not exactly where I planned--- I have made progress, and for that, I celebrate!


We reached out to our Teams and asked…


What is your goal/resolution for 2022? AND

What is something you are looking forward to in 2022?


Here’s what they said…


My goal for 2022 is to find joy in all of the moments, the good and the bad; there is joy to be found. Pam


My goal for the new year is to go back to school. It’s something I have been hoping to do for the past 10 years. This last year we had started the tradition of doing a family vacation and letting the kids pick the activities to do on the vacation. It was a hit, and everyone got to enjoy something they liked. Mayra


[My] New Year Goal/Resolution is to take and pass my practical exam and start building my clientele. 2022 will be a year of hard work and hustle to build a life free from financial strain and set our family up for less stress related to money. Christy


Although I don't usually put much thought into a New Year's Resolution, it is always my goal to do better than the year before; meaning react better to difficult situations, be better financially, be better about self-care, just be better at everything than I was the year before. Lacy


I am looking forward to watching my oldest graduate from High School in 2022. Lacy


I don't have a new year's resolution or anything like that, I just look forward to spending more time with my boys than anything else. Malcolm


My goal for 2022 is to connect with others through physical means: give hugs, meet for coffee, mail cards, deliver cookies, and whatever else I can think of! Liz


Let’s wish these inspiring veterans and caregivers the very best in 2022!


What’s Your New Year Resolution or Goal?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Rope of Life

You are on a line between life and death. What can you do? Nothing. But there are things that come out of that. The Anxiety stage is when yo...