Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Being a Military Kid Means...


It's Month of the Military Child and we couldn't resist highlighting our HTH Kids. This month they were tasked with sharing what it means to be a MilKid through words or creative works. Check out their incredible drawings, writings, and more! Our HTH Kids have talent!

"Being a military kid is knowing that our family is different than others because of the war experiences my papa has gone through. But I'm proud of who he is and what he has done for our country." Jaden

Berlyn

"What being a Military Child means to me is because of my dad's service I'm blessed with opportunities that I'm glad for and thankful for." Levi

Hunter likes to create art in the form of food. Being a Military Kid he has learned the importance of working hard. As an aspiring chef, he is taking cooking courses to sharpen his skills in the kitchen.

Raya

"Being a military kid means to have an amazing role model that you worry about every day." Gabrielle

Lane

Mackenzie


Wondering why there are so many Dandelion drawings by our HTHKids? The Dandelion is the official flower of the Military Child!

What does it mean to be a MilKid? "I have always felt like I see things more professionally and I feel like the word “integrity” has a greater meaning to me from watching how my stepfather worked as a soldier and at home. This has made me a person who is more of an independent thinker and not always willing to easily go with what is popular or most liked and to take a road less traveled that feels right both morally and ethically. My mindset and attitude are now a lot more comparable to my stepfather's and though I have not chosen the military route for myself I have chosen to go to a military college and also plan to work in a federal job such as DHS or law enforcement." Tyelen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Rope of Life

You are on a line between life and death. What can you do? Nothing. But there are things that come out of that. The Anxiety stage is when yo...