Thursday, May 11, 2017

Caregivers are Heroes Too

It's all too often that we are stopped and the husband is thanked for his service. His response almost every time (that I'm with him at least) is that I'm the real hero. 

Most days I'm a mess, I rarely have my crap together, some days I'm up just roaring to go, feisty as ever,  absolutely in NO way feeling like a hero, but NEVER do I wake up and think, "Aww crap, I have to be a caregiver today." 

I can say this because I feel appreciated for the care I give. I'm reminded every day that I'm important and needed and appreciated just by looking at how far WE have come. 

So, next time you see a Veteran out and you stop to thank him/her for their service, make sure you let the one beside or behind them know you appreciate them too. From fighting alongside them mentally and emotionally during their service to being there every step of the way after their service, they are heroes, the hidden heroes. 

#hiddenheroes #thegirlbehindthechair #caregivers #monthofthemilitarycaregiver


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Rope of Life

You are on a line between life and death. What can you do? Nothing. But there are things that come out of that. The Anxiety stage is when yo...